Monday, March 15, 2010

Pacifica Festival

Every year I look forward to this event. For five year's in a row attending one of Auckland's biggest Pacific Festival in the region heald last week end 13th March 2010. We left home about 9:15 due to traffic from pass experience. When we got their the first village stop the the Cook Islands for obvious reasons "Food", so many stalls to choose from, anyway I bought my self a plate of food with mayonnaise, taro, rukau this is a taro top cooked with coconut sauce, raw fish and my coconut drink. A part from the food the performers of the day also uplifted my spirit with the music of Cook Islands artist, traditional dancing. I also tasted some other cultural food like the Tongan Otai, fruit drink sort of with watermellon and coconut, it was pretty good and Samoan rukau they call it Palusami not sure about the spelling, fijian kava, it was okay, I realy enjoyed my self and look forward for next years, Festival.

3 comments:

  1. The last time I had attended a Pacifika festival was around 4yr ago. I agree that there are plenty of wonderful varieties of pacific foods that should be tasted on such a day like the pacifika festival. Right now I am craving some island food. Especially some of that Cook Island cuisine.Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cook Islands and Samoan a good combination. I see your family doing traditional dancing and mum and dad singing. Um can you do both the the Cook Islands dancing and the Samoan culture dancing

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOhhhh...yummy...food....you make me shungry gal...but for the Pasifika sorry darling I only heard it was awesome but couldn't do much cz of millions other things on my plate.....get a life eh....i mean me...but love your blog curli...leemo..hey share your fantasy with me on my blog...at ...fantazzeelee.blogspot.com..me just like u mate still learning this b..... thing haha ...but fun...

    ReplyDelete